Our Services are Strategic and Comprehensive
Your Accomplishments + Our Expert Help = Your Maximized Chances!
We cover all the bases when it comes to your medical residency applications. Moreover, we understand that each person has unique needs and objectives. While some of our clients want to leave no stone unturned, others prefer to focus on a specific aspect of the admissions process. It’s up to you.
These are just some of the many services we offer our clients:
- Medical School Residency Selection: Too many people put the cart before the horse. Before you can start the medical residency application process, we recommend that you take your time evaluating the residency programs that are most suited to your skills and objectives. A great fit for a colleague might not be the right program for you. We can advise you on your options. (And there are plenty.) We expertly help you prepare your Rank Order List (ROL) for the Match Schedule as well as the Scramble, if necessary. Above all, we will give you a professional and unbiased opinion of your prospects for success in applying to residency programs.
- ERAS Completion: The ERAS is closely scrutinized. Don’t let a silly mistake or seemingly innocuous statement torpedo your candidacy.
- Admissions Strategies: As your consultant gets to know you, you will work together to plan and execute a customized admissions strategy, tailor-made for your background, interests, and goals. This strategy will focus on mitigating your weaknesses and highlighting your strengths.
- Curriculum Vitae: Smart applicants take a holistic view of their candidacies and then leverage their cvs to highlight strengths, mitigate weaknesses, and/or substantiate ‘wow factors’ as needed. Smart applicant also understand their cvs often inspire their interview questions and prepare their documents accordingly.
- Personal Statements: There’s nothing like having a sympathetic, and sharp, pair of eyes look over anything you write before you share it with the outside world. We will ensure that your application essays reveal the real you and convey your unique potential as a future lawyer. Please note that, while we are more than happy to comment on the content of your essays and to review them for grammar, punctuation and sentence structure, we won’t write essays or draft outlines for you. It would be unethical – and it wouldn’t increase your chances of gaining admission. In fact, ‘bought’ essays are likely to do a law school candidacy far more harm than good. An effective essay tells the admissions committee about you – and only you can tell your unique story in adequate detail. What we will do is work with you to help you draw out and articulate your accomplishments and your ‘story,’ so that you write essays that set you apart from the competition. Our insider’s knowledge of the admissions process also enables us to help you write effective responses to such dreaded questions as “What is your biggest fear in the realm of medicine?” and “What will you bring to our program?”
- Interviews: Let’s admit it: half-hour interviews can be nerve-wracking, even for the most self-assured of us. Your interviews will likely last a full day — assuming they’re not split into two half days. We will help you allay your performance fears and prepare yourself for your interview as fully as possible. You’ll learn what to expect, how to prepare, what to say, how to say it and more. In some instances, we will have you conduct a mock interview with one of our consultants, in conditions that simulate those of a real interview. (Remember, all of our consultants have actually sat on admissions committees – they know what goes on in an interview room, and after.) We will advise you on what aspects of your performance could be improved, and how. We always conduct mock interviews with an impartial consultant (not the client’s regular consultant), and we augment the mock interviews with our proprietary voice diagnostic software in order to give you a more genuine sense of the process.
- Career Counseling: You want to make the most of your time, efforts and investment. AdmissionsConsultants knows the medical residency process inside and out. We know how to navigate through the applications and acceptance process, and beyond. We can give insight into what different employers seek in residents, so your graduate education aligns with your future career plans.
- Pre-admissions Consulting: Timing is everything. Perhaps now isn’t the right time for a residency program. You can still benefit from researching your future options and thinking about what you want to be able to do in a few years. We work with individuals who want to position themselves now, so they can maximize their admissions prospects a few years down the road. We’ll talk to you about course selection, job changes, networking opportunities, extracurricular activities, and more, and how they can bolster your success later.
- Miscellaneous Services and Moral Support: From time to time, our clients present us with unique needs that require additional services either directly or tangentially related to their residency candidacies. We help them to the full extent possible and refer them to others when needed. Hence, no one should have to go it alone and we’re here for you! Like the overnight delivery services – be it sun, rain, sleet or snow, you can be sure that AdmissionsConsultants delivers on its promises.
Ready To See How We Can Help You?